Saturday 17 August 2013

How to install SimpleCV on OSX 10.8

How to install SimpleCV on OSX 10.8

I believe SimpleCV has installed correctly. When I run:
sudo pip install SimpleCV
And then in python try to import the library, I run into this error:
ImportError: No module named pygame
Is pygame required to run SimpleCV? I wouldnt have thought so, so then I
try to use pip to install pygame and I get another error, saying I have a
bad link or something:
TTP error 400 while getting
http://www.pygame.org/../../ftp/pygame-1.6.2.tar.bz2
(from http://www.pygame.org/download.shtml)
Could not install requirement pygame because of error HTTP Error
400: Bad Request
What am I missing? How should I try to install SimpleCV and pygame? Or do
I even need pygame to run SimpleCV in python?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I am getting the same exact error as you. I am running OSX Mavericks and I was not sure if the problem was that pygame isn't compatible with my system, but you seem to have the same problem. Did you figure out the solution?

    ReplyDelete