Sunday 8 September 2013

Displaying multiple fields on a "node reference field"

Displaying multiple fields on a "node reference field"

I've been struggling for a while with this problem and I'm curious if
anyone has any thoughts:
I have two related content types on my website -- "People" and "Projects".
On a single People page I would like to display a preview of multiple
Project content types that are related to that person. This would mean for
each preview pulling three fields from the Project page -- the main
project picture, the title, and the project description.
Currently I have a "node reference" field on a Person content type where
you can select which Projects are related to the Person. Of course without
Views it only shows the title of the Project. I just can't figure out how
to use Views here to display the fields I want.
At this point I have a Block View with a Relationship selecting my node
reference. I'm having trouble understanding how I can use that
relationship to show fields of corresponding Project content types though.
Does anyone have any idea? I'm sure it's right in front of my face, I just
need a push in the right direction.
Thank you so much in advance, to anyone willing to give advice.
-Maxime

No comments:

Post a Comment