Monday 30 September 2013

psycopg2 not returning results

psycopg2 not returning results

I am trying to use psycopg2 with my postgresql database just running on my
local machine can't get it to return results no matter what I try. It
seems to connect to the database ok, since if I alter any of the config
parameters it throws errors, however, when I run seemingly valid and
result worthy queries, I get nothing.
My db is running and definitely has a table in it:
postgres=# \c
You are now connected to database "postgres" as user "postgres".
postgres=# select * from foos;
name | age
---------+-----
Sarah | 23
Michael | 35
Alice | 12
James | 20
John | 52
(5 rows)
My python code connects to this database but no matter what query I run, I
get None:
Python 2.7.3 (default, Apr 10 2013, 06:20:15)
[GCC 4.6.3] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import psycopg2
>>> conn = psycopg2.connect("dbname='postgres' user='postgres'
host='localhost'")
>>> cur = conn.cursor()
>>> print cur.execute("select * from foos;")
None
>>> print cur.execute("select * from foos")
None
>>> print cur.execute("select name from foos")
None
>>> print cur.execute("select f.name from foos f")
None
Am I doing something obviously wrong? How can I start debugging this, I
don't know where to start since it connects just fine?

No comments:

Post a Comment